The important thing to note is these values — and the supporting virtues — are all interconnected. You can’t pick and choose among them and expect the others to work. It is not a list of disciplines, but rather a system of principles for a right relationship with God, and with each other.
- Justice: I will be fair and reasonable in the way I treat people and make decisions.
- Mercy: I will be kind, sympathetic, compassionate and understanding.
- Humility: I will be modest and respectful, always looking for the best in others.
- Authenticity: Because I value justice and mercy, I will be authentic, genuine, truthful and transparent.
- Generosity: Because I value mercy and humility, I will be generous, willing to help or give freely.
- Restraint: Because I value humility and justice, I will be restrained and disciplined in personal and public activities.